We work to preserve, revitalize, and promote the historic cultural, social and economic significance of the City of Crowley’s downtown Commercial Historic District to create a healthy, vibrant environment for all.
Crowley’s vibrant downtown will offer retail, arts, entertainment, office, residential, restaurant and leisure opportunities for Crowley residents and visitors from surrounding parishes and beyond to promote business, tourism and Crowley’s unique heritage in a setting of refreshed historic beauty.
The goal of the Crowley Main Street program is to stimulate downtown economic development in Crowley by:
- Encouraging cooperation and building leadership in the downtown business community.
- Creating a positive image for downtown Crowley by promoting the main street district as an exciting place to live, shop and invest.
- Improving downtown Crowley’s image by enhancing its physical appearance and fostering a local historic preservation ethic.
- Stimulating business growth by creating a diverse downtown business mix.
- Hosting community events that reflect Crowley’s diversity, strong sense of community and unique geographic setting.
Commitment to Growth
Many projects have been completed toward the program’s goals including:Many projects have been completed toward the program’s goals including:
- Working with business and property owners to secure grants for façade improvements.
- Installing ornamental benches, tables, and chairs downtown to create gathering spaces.
- Purchasing street pole banners for various seasons.
- Assisting downtown business owners with customer service and other training programs to help them prosper.
- Enhancing the appearance of downtown through landscaping initiatives.
- Sponsoring several events annually to bring residents and others to the downtown Crowley area, such as the Rice City Classic Car and Antique Tractor Show, Art & Wine Stroll, Kids Day on Main Street, Witchy Way, Taste of Crowley, and Christmas in Crowley.